General Listening Practice
Name: ________________________ Date: _______________
I’m listening to _________________________________ Length of audio: ______
Pre-Listening: Know what you’re listening to.
1. What type of audio/video is it? (Podcast, conversation, comedy series, etc.)
2. What is the objective of this audio/video? (ex. to make me laugh, to teach marketing, to inform, to argue, etc.)
Listening: Know what you’re listening for.
1. Write one sentence answering what the audio/video was about?
(Ex. It was about../ They talked about/ etc.) _______________________________________________________________
2. Write 1-2 sentences with details from the listening. (What did you understand?)
3. Write 1-3 OLD words or expressions that you heard. (Ones you already knew.)
4. Write 1-2 NEW words or expressions (then ask a teacher to confirm.)
Post-Listening: Know what you've listened to.
1. Did it accomplish its objective? Why or why not?