Pronunciation/Describe and Draw
LESSON: Describe a Photo
OBJECTIVE: a. Build descriptive language b. Learn new vocabulary. c. practice listening
MATERIAL: Photos to display. (Feel free to use the PowerPoint attached.)
TIME: 30-40 minutes
PART I: Pronunciation and Listening
ACTIVITY: Show slide 1 (telephone slide)
- Preview and practice the pronunciation for each word on the grid.
- Tell students to get something to write on and something to write with.
- I tell them my phone number by saying the words. They write down the number.
- I ask them to take out their phones and call me.
- Find a partner and share phone numbers (the numbers can be fake if they prefer)
PART II: Describe and Draw
ACTIVITY: (from next slide)
- One partner can see the projector, one partner can't.
- Partner 1 describes the photo.
- Partner 2 draws what they hear.
- Change a few times.
- Review vocabulary and other language for each photo.
OPTION 2: Have students open Instagram and choose a photo to describe to a partner.
Describe and Draw.pdf
Pronunciation and Speaking Practice.pdf