SONG: We Are The Champions
LESSON: We Are The Champions
OBJECTIVES: a. Listening identification b. Build natural expressions
LEVEL: Pre-intermediate and above. (Adjust some of the activities for different levels)
- In pairs (or individual), write 5 things they know about Queen. (Some students may not know anything and that's ok.) - 4-6 minutes
- Take some answers and work with corrections as a class. (3-5 minutes)
LISTENING: Do these steps in whichever order you see works best for your class.
- Listen one time and do the matching.
- Listen a second time and finish the matching.
- Find synonyms and/or translations of the given expressions in section I.
POST LISTENING: Optional depending on the level of your students. I don't do this with lower levels. (
- Students write example sentences using the new expressions from section I.
- Walk around helping individuals form correct sentences.
- Choose some example sentences to work with as a class.
Good luck! Let us know how it works for you and if you have any special touches that we can all try in our classes.