Pronunciation Phone Number
LESSON: Use as a class opener or to start a speaking lesson
OBJECTIVES: a. Speak with precise pronunciation b. Tune your ear for listening
LEVEL: Can be appropriate for most levels and ages.
TIME: 8-10 minutes
ACTIVITY: Telephone slide
- Preview and practice the pronunciation for each word on the grid.
- Tell students to get something to write on and something to write with.
- I tell them my phone number by saying the words. They write down the number.
- I ask them to take out their phones and call me.
- Find a partner and share phone numbers (the numbers can be fake if they prefer)
- Write down your phone number for yourself before the activity so you don't get confused with the words and numbers.
- Change the words on the slide for different sounds
Share any other activities you could use this pronunciation slide for.