Encouragement in the Classroom (Rant)
If you're feeling down or discouraged in the middle of the year with your classes, Jesse wants to share some words of encouragement and practical advice to keep in mind during your classes.
- Find the flow - There's no need to fight against things you can't win. Try to go with it and see if you can use a given situation for you.
- Share how you really feel - Be transparent more often in your classes. This will encourage them to be more transparent, too.
- Be honest and genuine - People are people, and students will generally understand if you speak from the heart.
- Observe your classes as objectively as possible - Predict how you think students will respond to certain activities... then see if you were right.
- Connect with students individually one-by-one until you go through the class.